rentalcamera.ch > FAQ
1. Rental process overview
- choose equipment online www.rentalcamera.ch
- specify rental period, deposit method, where necessary
- check equipment availability information and input rental start date in the format specified, where necessary
- add equipment to shopping cart
- continue shopping, or edit your cart or proceed to checkout
- login as registered clients or create a new account
- specify shipping address and choose shipping method
- review your order in details
- check and accept general conditions
- select payment method
- confirm order and you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill up and send back by post the required document including a photo ID and the completed credit card authorization form (you could find/ download it in Membership and form section) if you rent from us for the first time
- equipment will be sent out according to the rental period to the specified address, after the payment is successful and all the necessary document has received by us. We may need to call you for further information.
- check carefully and take good care of the rental equipment received
- at the end of the rental period, return the equipment with the ORIGINAL PACKING, as you received it
- after we have received and checked the return equipment, we will release or return the deposit being held
2. Rental period and date of return
Rental start date: Mar 1 (clients receive the package)
Rental period: 14 days
Return date: Mar 1 + 14 = Mar 15 (with Postpac Priority (A-post) plus signature)
Postage time: 1-2 days
Packages receive by us: Mar 17
Equipment check and release deposits: Mar 19
Delay in return will be subjected to additional charges and please book in advance to reserve enough time to clear postage and various issues
3. Shipping (within Switzerland only)
Once we have received your order properly paid and all document that was requested, equipment will be sent by Postpac Priority (A-post) plus signature in Switzerland only. We do not ship outside Switzerland. Renter pays for shipping costs both ways.
4. What do you need to provide?
A photo ID and a major credit card with enough line of credit available to hold the deposit/ full replacement value of the equipment you are renting. Once we receive your equipment back and if there are no damages or losses, the security deposit on your card is released.
All equipment is inspected, tested and cleaned prior to and after each rental. Any problem with the equipment must be reported immediately to us at email@example.com. If equipment is returned damaged, we will send it to the manufacturer for an estimate and deduct from the deposit for the repair fee or for the full replacement cost if it can't be fixed.
5. Hold on credit card
Most of the rentals require a deposit to secure the return of the equipment. We will not charge your credit card but to hold up a value equal to the deposit amount during the rental period. When the equipment is returned without damage, the credit value being held mentioned before, will be released. Alternatively, you may also choose to deposit the amount in our bank account, and it will be returned to you under the above situation.
With the membership, you can rent most of the equipment using member price. If the membership is discontinued due to non payment, we will charge back the differences in price between normal price and member price of all the previous rentals.
7. Cancellation and return policy
If you have made a mistake in the order, you can cancel it latest 3 days before the specified rental period start date. If the equipment ordered and received does not match, or if there is a problem, you can drop us an email specifying the situations within 1 day and if it cannot be solved, we will refund the rental and postage fees upon received return of the equipment.
8. Equipment damages
In case you have damaged the equipment, we will assess the damages and charge the repair costs considering the following scheme (% of deposit):
Minor scratch/ serious dirt/ lost accessories (5-20%)
Major scratch/ minor breaks (20-40%)
Broken screen/ sensor damaged/ other damages (water/ fire, etc) (from 40%)
*An alternative way to determine the damages is to sell the damaged goods publicly on reputable auction sites like ricardo.ch or ebay.ch to get the fair price.
9. Shutter count of camera body
Depending on different rental periods, the following shutter counts (maximum) will be allowed.
1 day (1000)
3 days (2000)
7 days (3000)
14 days (4000)
30 days (5000)
Usages over the limit will be charged CHF0.1 each.
10. Data protection principles
The company needs to keep certain information about its customers and suppliers for financial and commercial reasons and to enable us to monitor performance, to ensure legal compliance and for various purposes. To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully.